Temporary License Plate Registration
- Original copy of vehicle owner’s national I.D. card (or military services I.D. card or alien residence permit) and seal (in individual’s name); official letters issued by the competent authority for the approval of the company’s or establishment’s registration (please enclose registration form if it is a company) or registration certificate issued by the competent authority for the company’s or the establishment’s (in the company’s name).
- Manufacturer certificate and import and commodity tax payment certificate (not applicable to domestic vehicles).
- Manufacturer and commodity tax payment certificate (not applicable to imported vehicles).
- Unified invoice (please remark engine number or vehicle identification number).
- For vehicles registered with hand in for cancellation or revocation, please submit original new vehicle license plate registration form and certificate of hand in for cancellation or revocation. (If it is a vehicle with transfer registration, please submit the transfer certificate along with both party’s I.D. cards or a copy of profit-making business registration certificate.)
- A temporary vehicle license plate registration form (with seal affixed).
- A valid insurance policy for compulsory automobiles liability insurance during the use of the temporary license plate.
- Temporary license plate: NT$150
- Vehicle registration certificate: NT$200 for vehicles and NT$150 for motorcycles, and NT$200 for trailers.
- Companies and establishments that submit photocopies of above documents for verification must provide a copy of the latest business tax payment certificate.
- Vehicle license tax will be imposed for temporary license plate according to the number of days and type of vehicle.
- Vehicles with temporary license plates shall not be used to carry passengers or cargos for any charge.
The temporary license plate must not be used after expiration, and it should be submitted within three days to avoid penalty.